by Andrew Pacholyk, MS, L.Ac.
Feng Shui and gemstones go hand in hand. Crystals are a very popular feng shui cure since their natural energies can be used to gently protect, clear and nourish energies within our environment. Crystals for feng shui purposes are based on their metaphysical properties, mineral makeup, color and shape. The choice depends on which crystalline energy you want to bring into your surrounding space. Match the colors to the Bagua areas where you can use good energy. Also see feng shui crystal cures and remedies and feng shui cures.
Top 10 Crystals for Feng Shui
1. Amber is said to bring good luck and success. In the far East amber is the symbol of courage. This ancient petrified resin has electromagnetic properties. It is excellent at detoxification and protection from radiation, especially x-rays, sun, computers, airport, planes and other people’s energies. Due to its strong connection to nature and the earth, amber is a great stone for grounding our higher energies. Use amber as a feng shui remedy.
2. Amethyst is a crystal most associated with transformation, spirituality and dream recall. Provides common sense and flexibility in decisions. Strengthens and enhances psychic abilities, imagery and mind quieting. Wear when sleeping or when awake to reduce anger, depression, grief, impatience, and nightmares. Amethyst can show us how to let go, trust and surrender. Amethyst is considered a Master Healing stone. Use amethyst as a feng shui remedy.
3. Aqua Aura is clear quartz with metallic light blue tint from electrical infusion of gold (amplifies quartz conductivity). Created by treating crystals of natural quartz with an infusion of pure gold. This is truly a `master’ vibrational crystal, as with all energies the conscious use of this energy towards enlightenment is always the prime goal. Aqua Aura has an energy that can enhance one’s intuition and communication, calm one’s nerves, and energize one’s mental abilities. It is also said to help one’s inner beauty to shine, and to attract wealth and success. Use aqua aura as a feng shui remedy.
4. Carnelian represents confidence, boldness, initiative, dramatic abilities, assertiveness and outgoingness. Precision, analysis, stimulates appetite, encourages celebration and brings awareness of feelings. This stone helps you feel anchored and comfortable with your surroundings. Provides a connection to the past or to historical events. Carnelian can improve motivation. Helps one achieve greater success in career or personal matters. Helps ground people who meditate. Carnelian is one of the most helpful crystals for healing trauma, stress and emotional wounds that have accumulated in the etheric body or the Aura and are now manifesting as physical symptoms. Use carnelian as a feng shui remedy.
5. Citrine is especially good for the workplace as it helps with problem solving, memory issues, will power, optimism, confidence and self-discipline. It reduces anxiety, fear and depression. Can guide you to harness and utilize your creative energy. Helps us analyze events, develop inner calm and security and makes us less sensitive and more open to constructive criticism. This stone is great with help in achieving goals. Citrine is the stone of abundance. It teaches us the lessons of achieving wealth and prosperity. Not just on a monetary level, but in all aspects of our lives. Use citrine as a feng shui remedy.
6. Jade is an ancient stone that has historically been used to attract love. The ancient Chinese culture has revered Jade for centuries. Jade is considered the health, wealth and longevity stone. Traditionally, Jade symbolizes the Five Virtues of Humanity : wisdom, justice, compassion, modesty and courage. Therefore, it is used for emotional balance, stamina, love, fidelity, humility, generosity, peace, harmony, courage, wisdom, justice, mercy. Use jade as a feng shui remedy.
7. Lapis Lazuli is the stone of truth and friendship. Used for higher guidance, intuition and connection to your higher self. Helps us organize, overview and make decisions for the good of all. Lapis quiets the mind and encourages elf-expression, creativity, dream insight and total awareness. Use lapis as a feng shui remedy.
8. Quartz (Clear) is the Master Healer and the “stone of power”! Probably the most versatile multipurpose healing stone. The natural tendency for quartz is for harmony. Quartz can both draw and send energy therefore it is effective for sending/receiving guidance. Quartz is used for transformation in healing and in all levels of change. Quartz stimulates the natural crystal in body tissues and fluids to resonate at the highest healing frequency. Clear quartz is thought to amplify both body energy and thoughts. It can assist in the creation of power, clarity of thinking, meditation, cleansing, clearing the aura, spiritual development and healing. Use quartz as a feng shui remedy.
9. Rose Quartz is said to open the heart to the beauty in and around you. Keep no more than two rose quartz in the relationship area of your bedroom or two stones close to your bed. Rose Quartz has a loving, healing energy associated with the heart. It brings about a strong sense and flow of love as its heart-opening properties encourage more self love and the love in an intimate relationship. Use rose quartz as a feng shui remedy.
10. Tourmaline, Black (Schorl) is one of my favorite for the workplace as it is the best crystal to use against the ill effects of low frequency and high frequency electromagnetic waves (EMF). It protects against smog, radiation and repels all kinds of negative energy. Great near computers, phones and outlets. As a grounding stone, black tourmaline can be used whenever energy feels scattered and disconnected. Use black tourmaline as a feng shui remedy.
Two exceptional non-crystalline energies:
Pearl are a symbol of pure heart and mind; innocence and faith. Because it is from the sea, it has watery and lunar elements, therefore it is used for balancing emotions. Absorbing by nature, this mineral absorbs thoughts and emotions. If you feel excessively negative while wearing a pearl, it will hold that energy until it is cleansed. Remember, Pearl is the result of layer upon layer of substance produced to combat irritation. Pearl can cool and soothe. It is very nurturing. Use pearl as a feng shui remedy.
Swarovski Crystal is not natural crystal. It is a combination of silica or sand, a salt form, referred to as soda, burnt limestone, which is considered lime and trace amounts of metal oxides. When heated at a very high temperature, these substances melt together forming an exceptionally hard and highly refractive glass. Because of their own secret recipe, the Swarovski Company could facet this glass like a gemstone and make it sparkle like a crystal. The Swarovski “lead crystal” process has exacting standards created in its own factories, controlling every step in their production. The company’s founder even invented a machine to facet the crystal glass with impeccable accuracy. Use Swarovski crystal as a feng shui remedy.