(Concluded from Part 1, yesterday.)
She also confirmed the following important equation with me. It may be somewhat contentious for some people and I regret any upset it may cause.
Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva = Creator, Preserver, Transformer = Rajas, Sattwa, Thamas
The first three terms are the Trimurthy; the second three are functional descriptions; and the third are the cosmic forces, also known as the gunas. The Mother confirmed that they are all the same.
Here’s that discussion, which may not interest people unfamiliar with the gunas:
Steve Beckow: I have a question for you from our Hindu readers. They want to know if the gunas, the cosmic forces which are called rajas, sattwa, and thamas, are the same as the Trimurthy [Triad] of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva.
Divine Mother: Yes. We are the same as that triad.
SB: And the Trimurthy of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva is a subset of the Universal Creative Vibration that you are at your essence. Is that correct?
DM: That is correct. [The Trimurthy] is much the same as we have been speaking of. It is a way in which my beloved children can come to know me and to have that experience. It is formless, and yet it is form. It is a way of connection, and it is a way of understanding and entering into a higher vibration of being. So it helps the emergence into my energy.
SB: Sort of like stair steps?
DM: That is correct. (1)
“We are the same”: She’s confirmed that the gunas are a subset of her; specifically, of her energy as the universal creative vibration which we know as Aum or Amen. Aum is not coterminous with the Mother; nothing is. The Mother uses the Aum vibration to create worlds.
But look again, in our hunt for identities. Let’s divide the sine wave that Aum is into its components: A-U-M = Akar, Ukar, and Makar. And what are they? We find they are the forces of creation, preservation, and transformation.
At the risk of blowing everyone’s circuits with complexity, we now have the following, extended but very useful statement of equality:
Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva = Creator, Preserver, Transformer = Rajas, Sattwa, Thamas = Akar, Ukar, Makar (AUM) = a subset of the Mother.
The two equations suggested here strike me as basic identities in a cross-cultural spirituality.
“The macrocosm and the microcosm rest in the Mother’s womb; now do you see how vast it is?” Sri Ramakrishna asked us. (2) Indeed, we do.
The Mother herself has confirmed with me that she’s much “larger” than our version of “Shakti.”
Divine Mother: When I have spoken about … Shakti, I have spoken about a part of me. As I have said, I am the bridge. I am the clasp between the Father and the universe and your world. And Shakti has been experienced — yes, inter-dimensionally for eons, as you well know – but she is not the totality of my being. My being is bigger than you can fathom, dear one.
So I do not simply mean that she is an aspect manifesting. But it is simply larger than any of you can imagine, particularly at this point. (3)
The Mother encompasses everything with form, everything material, and, as it turns out, everything knowable. The Father cannot be known. We cannot approach the Father without knowledge of the Christ or Atman first; then knowledge of the Mother second; and at last we enter the unknowingness of the transcendental Father. (4)
It turns out that these three entities are levels of consciousness. Or levels of love. Or levels of bliss. All roads lead Home, to the higher dimensions beyond the seven-chakra system.
So for the benefit of all devotees of the Mother on Navaratri, this is the most up-to-date account I can give you on the nature of the Mother we all worship.
Happy New Year!
(1) “The Divine Mother: Come to Me as I Come to You – Part 1/2,” Oct. 17, 2012, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2012/10/17/the-divine-mother-come-to-me-as-i-come-to-you-part-12/.
(2) Paramahansa Ramakrishna in Swami Nikhilananda, trans., The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna. New York: Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Center, 1978; c1942, 106.
(3) “The Divine Mother: Come to Me as I Come to You – Part 1/2,” Oct. 17, 2012, at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2012/10/17/the-divine-mother-come-to-me-as-i-come-to-you-part-12/.
(4) Which enlightenment experiences happen at the fourth, sixth, and seventh chakras.
Ascension occurs beyond the seven-chakra system. The opening of the seventh chakra or Sahasrara leads to Brahmajnana or God-Realization, a transcendental experience. But it’s still only halfway up the mountain.
Beyond it is Sahaja Samadhi, which is the culmination of our Ascension. Sahaja is a permanent heart opening and is known as mukti or moksha, liberation from Third-Dimensional birth and death.
- “On the Nature of the Divine Mother or Holy Spirit” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/on-the-nature-of-the-divine-mother-or-holy-spirit-/
- “The Divine Mother is not a God among Gods” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-divine-mother-is-not-a-god-among-gods/
- “Transcript of the Divine Mother on An Hour with an Angel, May 7, 2012” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/transcript-of-the-divine-mother-on-an-hour-with-an-angel-may–/
- “What Differentiates Father from Mother? The Mother Answers,” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/?p=287670
- “Every Religion Worships the Mother” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/every-religion-worships-the-mother/
- “Our Original Sacred Partner” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2015/03/28/our-original-sacred-partner/
- “The Light and Love of the Mother” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/2015/04/25/the-light-and-love-of-the-mother/
- “I am Love, Change and Constancy” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/i-am-love-change-and-constancy/
- “The Divine Mother: Come to Me as I Come to You – Part 1/2” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-divine-mother-come-to-me-as-i-come-to-you-part-12/
- “The Divine Mother: Come to Me as I Come to You – Part 2/2” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-divine-mother-come-to-me-as-i-come-to-you-part-22/
- “The Divine Mother: The Role of Clarity” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-divine-mother-the-role-of-clarity/
- “The Mother Calls Us” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-mother-calls-us/
- “Universal Mother: Your Family is the Legions of Light, June 18, 2013” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/universal-mother-your-family-is-the-legions-of-light-june-18-2013/
- “The Divine Mother, Aum, and Love” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-divine-mother-aum-and-love/
- What It Means that the Mother Should Address Us This Way” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/what-it-means-that-the-mother-should-address-us-this-way/”
- “The Law-Giving Mother and Her Lawful Universe” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-law-giving-mother-and-her-lawful-universe/”
- “The Natural Law was Created by the Father through the Mother” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-natural-law-was-created-by-the-father-through-the-mother/
- “In the Beginning Was the Word” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/in-the-beginning-was-the-word/”
- “Is the “Holy Spirit” Feminine?” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/holy-spirit-feminine/”
- “The Father and the Father … by the Mother” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-father-and-the-father-by-the-mother/
- “The Divine Mother is All We Can Know” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/the-divine-mother-is-all-we-can-know/”
- “How the Divine Mother Was ‘Born’” at http://goldenageofgaia.com/spiritual-essays/the-nature-of-the-divine-mother/how-the-divine-mother-was-born/